BACK TO THE ROBOT
The robot. An automated extension of the "human arm" whose presence in business, and mainly in the automation industry, is bringing about a revolution in terms of productivity, efficiency and profitability.
An increase in business wealth that, contrary to general opinion, will mean, in the medium to long term, greater investment in jobs that can only be performed by humans, and which are also much more satisfying. The goal: the reduction of repetitive and dangerous work performed by people, and the focus on tasks that add value.
In fact, a WEF (World Economic Forum) survey study reveals that "automation will eliminate 75 million jobs by 2025, but will nevertheless generate more than 133 million new jobs." A clearly positive balance.
How to choose a robot?
Although the customer participates in the selection process of the brand of robots to be selected for a project, since there are usually previous business relationships and it is important that the maintenance team knows the supplier, the final decision between one and another has a high technical component that must be solved by a qualified profile.
It is a decision especially linked to the success of the project, which in Gurpea is worked jointly, and with great precision, between the mechanical designer, the electrical department and the project manager.
Each project has its own requirements and specifications, and even more so when working on such customized projects for each customer. But the type of application, the robot's reach and its load capacity are undoubtedly key factors when it comes to integrating one type of robot or another.
The maximum ranges that Gurpea has adopted for its most powerful automation projects reach 210 kg of load and 3,100 mm of reach, with up to 4 robots operating in the same cell.
Automation machines that, in the case of Gurpea, and so far, have offered a durability of 10 - 15 years, working 24/7 in customer, with proper maintenance.
All this process is completed with the final simulation, an essential phase in which design validates the entire process and verifies that the selected robots really execute with total precision the necessary processes, and are the right ones.
Advantages of robotics in industry.
- Increased productivity.
- Improved compliance and results.
- Cost reduction.
- Flexibility to expand or reduce capacity.
- Ability to work 24/7 all year round.
- Availability of management information for process improvements.
- Reduction of dangerous and automated work by people. In other words, greater operator safety.
The future of robotics: Trends.
In addition to all of the above benefits, innovation in the field of robotics is continuing at a dizzying pace.
- Robots are becoming more compact, improving integration capabilities and reducing areas of interference.
- More flexible, with a wider range of configurations.
- Multifunctionality. They cover more and more types of applications, competing in sectors that seemed impossible to automate, such as the medical or domestic sectors.
- Faster, more powerful, more precise and more efficient.
- And, very importantly, increasingly "humanized", with the ability to interpret emotions, movements or non-verbal language.